Customer Process Specialist
Job Title:Customer Process Specialist
About DayMen US, Inc. and its Worldwide Brands:
Inventive. Revolutionary. Passionate.
It is our passion and privilege to design and provide accessible, comfortable, protective and creative products for our customers. Our three brands cover a wide spectrum of high-quality options for photography, video, audio, laptop, lighting and cell phones.
The Lowepro brand of carrying solutions for professional photographers started with an inventive spirit in a small Colorado garage in 1967. Since then, our bags have been traveling the world, earning the loyalty and admiration of the best image makers, and setting the industry standard for inventive, purpose-built products.
The Acme Made brand, founded in 2002, is all about Designed Protection. Acme Made products have a distinctive look derived from clean, architectural styling and innovative high-tech materials to create design-forward products.
The Joby brand was founded in 2005 with the introduction of the industry-defining and best-selling GorillaPod. Joby creates iconic, award-winning photo, mobile and lighting products that inspire the creative and active lifestyle.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Under general supervision, the Customer Process Specialist ensures that consumers receive accurate and timely assistance with questions and requests regarding placed orders across all three Daymen brands. Topics may include order tracking, returns, credits, replacements, warranties, product fit and usage, website and shopping cart navigation. This position handles all Acme Made consumer issues and works jointly with the Product Specialist, often backing up and handling overflow work regarding Lowepro and Joby consumer product and dealer warranty issues. In the absence of the Product Specialist, fully executes the tasks of that position.
The Customer Process Specialist also backs up the Order Entry team and is cross-trained on Order Entry processes. This includes performing tasks associated with manual and EDI purchase orders and key commercial accounts to ensure seamless coverage during absences, peak periods, and as business grows.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to consumer order inquiries (all brands) in an accurate and timely fashion
- Validates and keys consumer returns (all brands), including drop-ship returns
- Uses customer service skills to resolve Acme Made consumer warranty issues via phone and e-mail while adhering to Daymen warranty conditions, reinforcing Daymen as a company with integrity around its products and pride in its service
- Has the ability to seek out and absorb a wide variety of product information from reference materials, and able to explain product usage and features to consumers in a patient and engaging manner
- Addresses Lowepro and Joby warranty issues for consumers and dealers.
- Responds to Lowepro and Joby product questions from consumers and dealers via email and phone
- Keys manual purchase orders
- Imports EDI purchase orders
- Updates purchase orders via specified customer order management portals Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Passion for creating a positive, world-class customer experience; being cordial toward and interested in every customer. Endlessly curious about our products, and eager to promote them.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; solid business etiquette and professional demeanor in all interactions; demonstrates collaborative spirit within the team and across functions
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to quickly assess issues and determine appropriate solutions/actions
- Dependable, with the flexibility to work as needed to get timely results (occasional overtime may be needed)
- Adaptable to changes in priority and direction, often on a daily basis
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate Excel
- Minimum 3-5 years customer service experience with an emphasis on consumer interaction. Experience gained at medium to large manufacturer or distributor, or at a call center
- Experience with MS Dynamics GP (Great Plains) ERP system, or other systems such as JD Edwards, Oracle, MAS, Navision, Macola, etc
- Genuine interest in photography a big plus
None at this time.
Travel is not a requirement of this job at this time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to move about the office; sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to require focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Want to join our team? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org