Job Title:Programmer Analyst
Reports To:Sr. Director of Information Systems
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Daymen US is the parent company of Lowepro, Acme Made and Joby brands. Our strategy is to be the leading provider of premium-branded protective cases and gorilla pods for imaging and select electronic equipment.
The Programmer Analyst is responsible for design, development, testing, maintenance, and support of business intelligence reporting and ERP solutions based on a MS SQL Server Database. This individual will work with internal customers to understand and analyze requirements and develop and support SQL based ERP and BI solutions using SQL / SSIS / SSAS / SSRS. The successful candidate must have worked in a wholesale/retail environment on an ERP system and demonstrate a clear understanding of BI and Data Warehouse operating environments and related technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as a lead business analyst to understand business processes, gather and document project requirements and translate them into functional and technical specifications for BI reports and applications.
- Translate requirements into BI solutions using Microsoft SQL Server and other tools. Develop parameterized reports using SSRS, extend an existing DW and SSAS cubes with new dimensionality and new data sources using SSIS/ SSRS/SQL/SSAS.
- Play a key role in advancing data governance by systematically identifying data quality issues, identifying opportunities to improve master data management using MDS and engaging the data stewards.
- Identify project risks and impediments, notify management, and proactively work with other members of the team to complete assigned tasks as defined by project scope, timelines, and budgets.
- Determine testing needed to assure the functionality and integrity of reporting solutions, create test plans, and evaluate testing results taking corrective action as necessary. Participate in evaluating and analyzing utilities and tools offered by BI applications/tools vendors.
- Share knowledge with co-workers and ensures appropriate knowledge transfer to cover as back up.
- Improve systems by studying current practices; designs modifications using tools such as SQL Server to streamline internal tasks and processes
- Develop, test, implement and maintain electronic transaction interfaces with customers, suppliers and 3rd party business partners. Interfaces include EDI transactions/messages.
- Work directly with our customers, suppliers, and 3rd party partners to analyze their data requirements and transaction/message specifications. Conduct unit testing and end-to-end testing with customers, suppliers, and other business partners.
- Partner with internal business sponsors to set priorities, report status, identify and resolve issues to meet business requirements and time lines
- Support a 24/7 global business operation as required. Develops and maintains business reports using SQL scripts in SSRS by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Develop scripts to update and maintain internal databases using SQL Server.
- Manage and maintains updated documents of all Information Systems and processes coordinating with business users, third party business partners and vendors.
- Act as a functional liaison between business users and contractors.
- Ensure timely issue identification, root cause analysis and resolution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science (equivalent professional experience considered).
- Minimum 3 years' hands-on continuous work experience in developing Business Intelligence solutions (ETL, cubes, reports, dashboards, scorecards) using MS SQL Server tools (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) in a data warehousing environment.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS in 2008 R2.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience with an ERP system including Inventory Control, Merchandising, and Supply Chain, Warehouse Management, CRM, Planning, EDI and Distribution systems is required.
- Advanced knowledge of Data Warehousing and BI best practices
- Microsoft certification in Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance highly desirable.
- Technical expertise in database design development, SQL
- Hands on experience with EDI transaction and messaging structures is desirable
- Programming skills, adept at queries, macros and report writing
- Experience in data mining techniques
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP or similar ERP system is desired.
- Business knowledge of wholesale/retail is required.
- Ability to be on call for supporting a 24X7 business, as required.
Less than 10% domestic and international travel may be required.
Candidates with a green Card or US Citizenship need only apply.