Sales Manager, Latin America
Job Title:Sales Manager, Latin America
Reports To:Director Business Development
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Latin America Sales Manager is responsible for managing assigned accounts and seeking new opportunities in Latin and Central America. This position is responsible for managing the systems and processes to ensure growth and profitability. This full time position works with internal US teams to develop appropriate marketing programs, forecasting and planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Strategic & Planning
- Develop sales plans, strategies and forecasts in effort to grow sales and market share for Daymen products while maintaining and/or increasing profitability within assigned accounts/countries
- Contribute to the objectives of the USLA Marketing and Sales and WW Product Development teams
- Work with Sales team to carry out the senior management strategic business planning objectives
- Provide Marketing team with product input from the field and make recommendations based on the results
- Manage assigned account relationships with a strong emphasis on maintaining consistent personal contact with customers via phone
- Work with customers and internal teams to export Daymen products efficiently
- Negotiate customer terms and margins when required or requested, including seeking payment where necessary
- Manage assigned reps; recruit, interview and train rep candidates as necessary
- Develop sales programs and objectives and set short and long-term sales strategies
- Analyze selling activity and effect changes to representation as needed
- Provide weekly sales reports along with an assessment of the results.
- Provide annual sales projections, perform on-going assessments and revisions as necessary
- Work with Director of Business Development to develop and maintain sales budget and make adjustments as necessary.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESSupervises Independent Sales Reps as needed.
QUALIFICATIONSSPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Communication: Ability to effectively communicate at all levels, including customers, colleagues and management and to represent Daymen in a positive and professional manner at all times. Must have strong commitment to developing and maintaining superior customer relationships.
- Organization: Extremely organized and able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Negotiation: Proven ability to formulate and communicate challenging opinions for mutually accepted outcome.
- Problem Solving: Ability to escalate problems to the appropriate resource and ensure issues are resolved in a timely way.
- Flexibility: Proven ability to manage multiple and changing priorities under pressure while providing the highest quality. Required to be a positive, willing, contributing and adaptable member of the team.
- Analytical: Requires attention to detail and the ability to gather and report quantifiable data in a way that allows for critical decision-making and reporting.
- Initiative: Self-motivated; looks for innovative and new opportunities and seeks better ways to accomplish tasks within the scope of responsibilities; makes meaningful contributions to Company's business and culture; does whatever it takes to get the job done effectively and efficiently; anticipates obstacles and finds ways to overcome; works with a passion; bias for action
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Demonstrates teamwork and collaboration; is responsive to requests and ideas from others; includes others in decision making as appropriate and supports group decisions; effectively and proactively resolves conflict; willingly accepts assignments; works cooperatively to achieve goals.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years' experience with demonstrable successful record selling Consumer Goods to Latin American countries
- Fluency in Spanish required and Portuguese a plus
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office software applications; PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
Occasional domestic travel; 5 – 10% and up to 25% travel to Latin America required. Position is ideally based in Petaluma office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently required to move about; sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision depth perception and ability to require focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.